Wednesday, November 19, 2008

MAX 2008: Item Renderer Talk

MAX has been a lot of fun so far this year. Joan and I gave a talk at MAX|360 on item renderers. It was a decent crowd for the 360 area, and we got a lot of questions, which was awesome. I think the presentation went really well. There was only one goof in the code, and I've fixed that in this posting (the item renderer code was fine--I just forgot to set editable="true" in the DataGrid for RatingExample4.mxml). We had to speed through in the end and didn't get to talk too much about the star rating renderer or some of the gumbo stuff, but we did get to answer a lot of people's questions, which is what's important. We don't have too much information explaining the code and what slide it accompanies, but if you guys have questions, let me know. There's a lot of good stuff in there, including how to implement IDropInListItemRenderer, using states in renderers, using a checkbox as an editor, and a "star rating renderer," which I hope people can use. Here's the last example we didn't get to show. Anyways, take a look at the slides & examples, and let me know if you've got any questions. Slides (PDF) | Slides (PPTX) Examples

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for posting these. btw, make sure to left click the files then use the download option on the windows live page. right-click saving doesn't seem to work for me (in firefox).